In recent years, the government of Pakistan has taken various initiatives under the Ehsaas program to alleviate poverty. One such initiative is the Ehsaas Amdan Program, which aims to empower low-income individuals by providing them sustainable economic opportunities. This article will explore the eligibility criteria, objectives, and how to apply for the program in detail.
Related Article: Ehsaas Program Registration App | How to Use the App
What is Ehsaas Amdan Program?
It is a government initiative launched in 2019 as part of the Ehsaas program. The program aims to create job opportunities for low-income families and promote financial inclusion by providing them with assets and skills to become self-employed.
Under the program, the government offers;
- Interest-free loans
- Technical training
- Assets such as livestock, sewing machines, and tools to deserving individuals to break the chains of poverty and become self-sufficient in their work
Targets and Objectives
Since its launch in 2019, the Ehsaas Amdan Program has significantly empowered the marginalized.
- According to the government, the program has disbursed over PKR 14 billion to over 600,000 beneficiaries.
- The program has created over 250,000 new jobs and helped increase the beneficiaries’ income by up to 50%.
- Understanding the role of women in a family, 60% Quota of the Asset Transfer has been allocated to women.
- The program has also promoted entrepreneurship, with over 60% of the beneficiaries starting businesses.
- The objectives of the Ehsaas Amdan Program include providing sustainable economic opportunities to low-income households and individuals.
- It aims to reduce poverty and inequality by improving the income levels of the marginalized population and empowering women by promoting their participation in economic activities.
How does the program work?
The Ehsaas Amdan program collaborates with various banks and microfinance institutions to provide loans to low-income families. The program also includes training and mentoring to help these individuals start and grow their businesses.
Eligibility criteria |Who can apply for the Ehsaas Amdan program?
The Ehsaas Amdan Program is designed to provide financial assistance to poor and marginalized communities in Pakistan. Here are the eligibility criteria for the program:
- The applicant must be a Pakistani citizen with a valid CNIC or B-Form.
- The applicant must not be a beneficiary of any other Ehsaas program, such as the Benazir Income Support Program (BISP).
- The applicant should not be a government employee.
- The applicant must be at least 18.
- It targets families with a monthly income of less than PKR 30,000 and individuals with no regular income source.
The program also gives priority to women and other vulnerable groups.
How to apply for the Ehsaas Amdan program?
Individuals who meet the eligibility criteria can apply for the program through the given steps;
- Visit the nearest bank or microfinance institution
- Submit the loan application along with the required documents
- Attend the training and mentoring sessions provided by the program
- Receive the loan amount, start the business, or invest in a skill-based profession.
You can also apply online by visiting the Ehsaas Amdan program website.
The Ehsaas Amdan Program is implemented through the Pakistan Poverty Alleviation Fund (PPAF), a government-owned non-profit organization. The PPAF collaborates with various partners, including microfinance banks, to provide loans to eligible applicants. The program also works with the National Vocational and Technical Training Commission (NAVTTC) to provide technical training to the beneficiaries.
The Ehsaas Amdan Program is a commendable initiative by the Pakistani government to provide sustainable economic opportunities to low-income households and individuals. By offering interest-free loans, technical training, and assets, the program has empowered marginalized communities and helped increase their income levels. The program’s focus on promoting women’s participation in economic activities and prioritizing vulnerable groups is particularly praiseworthy. The eligibility criteria for the program are reasonable and ensure that the program benefits those who need it the most. The collaboration of the program with banks, microfinance institutions, and non-profit organizations has enabled effective implementation. User can track their CNIC online. Overall, the Ehsaas Amdan Program is a step in the right direction towards poverty alleviation and economic empowerment in Pakistan.