Qaumi Sehat card is micro health insurance available for all Khyber Pakhtunkhwa citizens, Punjab, Gilgit Baltistan Azad Kashmir, and Islamabad under the seat sahulat Program by the government of Pakistan.
The program is being implemented through an insurance company. Under the program more than 7.2 million companies are registered and getting free health care services. The initiative to start this facility is to provide free treatments to families who can not afford medical expenditures. The data of beneficiary families acquired by the NADRA office.
Holding a sehat card allows you to get free treatment from the government and private hospitals. You can go and get free treatment for any medical problem. Such as accidents, heart attacks, diabetes, kidney disease, hepatitis B and C, any type of cancer, head injuries, Covid, and broken bones in short with the help of sehat card you can access those facilities without paying bills.
What is Health Card?
The Qaumi sahulat card is an insurance plan of its kind which does not differentiate between government and private hospitals. The free treatment facilities are up to rupees 10 lacks for every citizen of Pakistan.
In case of any patient’s admission, the hospital must be given rupees 1000 for conveyance charges. The maximum conveyance charges will be paid thrice every year. If any patient dies during medical treatment then rupees 10000 will be given to the family for burial. It is a part of Ehsaas Program.
How to apply for sehat card?
Below is a step by step guide on how to apply for health card
- Visit the sehat sahulat program website
- Enter your 13-digit citizen number(national identity card number).
- Enter the code from the captcha provided.
- Click the check eligibility button given below.
- If you will be eligible you’ll be notified through message.
- If you are not eligible then you’ll also be notified through message.
How to get admission in hospital via the national sehat card?
Below is a step-by-step guide to get you admitted in hospital
- For this purpose ensure you have naya Pakistan sehat card with CNIC and B- form in case of children.
- The patient can visit the nearest hospital registered with PHIMC, including the required documents when you arrive there the naya Pakistan sahulat card representative receive you for guiding you further.
- He will check your eligibility through CNIC and will guide you regarding your treatment.
- In case of getting free treatment make your sehat card early and ensure the submission of your required documents, e.g., birth marriage and death.
- For more information call toll-free number 080009009.
Eligibility Criteria for Health Card
How you can check whether you are eligible for sehat card or not?
In order to check your eligibility you can sms your national ID card number to 8500 or 9780 for KP and you can register for the insaf health card. You can also check your eligibility through the Neya Pakistan Qaumi sehat card app. You can download this app free from the play store or the app store. In case of getting helpline, you can contact on 0800-09009.
Programs Covered in Sehat Card
Sahulat sehat card offers treatment in the following cases. You can download detailed list here
- Neurological Disorder
- Gynae and obstetrics
- Acute and Minor Heart Attacks
- Kidney Dialysis
- Cancer treatment
- General Surgery
- Accidents and Emergencies
- Genito urinary disorder
Health Facilities Provided By Sehat Card
Since 2021 almost 31 lac patients have been treated with RS.68 billion till now.
- More than 7 lac KIDNEY patients have been treated.
- 2 lac 40 thousand OPTHALMOLOGY patients have been treated.
- 4 lac 30 thousand of Gynecology patients have been treated.
- 24 thousand APPENDIX patients have been treated.
- 33 HERNIA patients have been treated.
- 1 lac 10 thousand HEART patients have been treated.
- 85 Thousand CANCER patients have been treated
Treatment packages for Health Card
Some diseases are given priority for treatment while others are secondary .these are as discussed below
- Diabetes Mellitus completion
- Heart Diseases
- Chronic Infections
- Neurosurgical procedures
- Maternal consultants
- Maternal consultancy/antenatal checkups 4 times before delivery
- Medical and surgical Procedures
- Emergency treatments requiring admissions
How to use Qaumi sehat card
Step 1: Check your eligibility
Sms your national identity card number to 8500 to check your eligibility. To do so please visit the official website
Step 2: Get your sehat insaf card/ qaumi sehat card
In case you have been declared eligible you can receive your sehat distribution center developed in your district.
Step 3: Gather information and required documents
- Determine the empaneled hospitals for sehat sahulat program.
- Take the following documents when you visit the empaneled government /private hospital.
- Sehat Insaf card original CNIC
- B form ( when child treatment is required).
Step 4: Use your sehat Insaf card / qaumi sehat card to get treatment
After reaching the empaneled hospital you may approach the dedicated SSP representative counter for further assistance. The SSP staff shall verify your sehat insaf card/ qaumi sehat card , and will guide you to the relevant hospital department for treatment.
Step 5: Get the treatment free of cost
The cost of treatment after the patient has been admitted in the hospital shall be charged from the sehat insahf card/ qaumi sehat card.
Step 6: Provide feedback
Call at 0800-09009, for your feedback/complaints through the website feedback form.
Sehat sahulat card offered by the government of PAKISTAN is one of the biggest services provided by the prime minister for poor families so they can get free treatment from all government and private hospitals. It is not only for the old agers but also available for children and youngsters.
Offering treatments for a lot of diseases. Millions of people have been treated by this scheme and thousands are being treated. By sending your national ID card number on 8500 you can check your eligibility for receiving the card.